Sunday, April 19, 2009

Magical Disappointment

After passing up the Orlando Magic for the better part of 12 years I decided to take a chance on them today. Hey, what can I say they are in the play offs and I've heard some encouraging things. The first three quarters were proving all those stories of the bigger, badder, Magic. They were up 18 points at the end of the third quarter.


So, what happened. They lost by two points. My goodness I am at a loss for words. My disappointment at their performance in the last quarter just astonished me. It was a fun game don't get me wrong, but the Magic demonstrated great suck here. If the game was close them loosing would not have been that bad for me, yet it was not close. They could not maintain a lead that large, they choked. And for this I am disappointed.


I am not saying I won't be watching the rest of the play off games that the Magic play in, because for as much as I was let down it was fun to watch. That is all that really matters in the long run. So even if they do not make it past the first round I can at least say I watched it and my interest has been piqued by this Magic team. Even though they did not win by a landslide they do represent the old Magic team that I once loved to watch, because that old team choked in the end as well, but I supported them to the last. So I will support this team to the end as well.


I will say one thing that did not disappoint me are the Cheerleaders. They are much better then I remember them. So keep tapping that sexy talent pool Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment