Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm just too damn tired...

As I drove home today from yet another extended and excruciatingly long day at work and the added hour at the gym it dawned on me that I had not been home for the better part of thirteen hours. Maybe it is just me complaining but I'm just wondering if everyone else feels a little bit hollow from their daily life's routine. Perhaps I'm not complaining about the routine but more the fact that by the time I get home I'm ready to just collapse on the couch leaving me with very little drive to do much else. In this economy one does not always have the luxury to choose their schedule and their job. I think it is just a good thing to have money flowing in. So I'm not complaining about the work hours, I think. The drive makes me crazy two hours everyday in heavy Florida traffic... this is definitely something that needs to change in my life. Don't even let me go off on my workout regimen. Just so many factors that make me so tired everyday.


I guess in short what I'm truly tired of is putting up with those damned Five Dollar Foot Long commercials. How desperate have those people become? As Quiznos continues to encroach on Subway's territory they have no clue how to combat it and are swatting back like Microsoft vs. Apple just not as interesting. I mean software competition benefits me by reducing computer prices. Sub competition means I get a slightly cheaper crappy sandwich and more elaborately annoying commercials about things that do not effect life in any way shape or form. It is true that the bread, not the meat, makes the sandwich but neither commercial really focuses on the importance of bread... if it's subway, watch out for the falling Broadway musical about the five dollar twenty-four inch foot long that will pound you mercilessly with it's blunt cry for help. So stop it now guys... I hate you for what you're doing and what I know you will do.


Here is a typical Quiznos Commercial.



And here is a Subway Commercial combating the above commercial.



Makes you think don't it?

One final thing folks: Watch Chuck Mondays at 8p or on Hulu.com. This is my show and it's currently on the chopping block for a new season in replacement for more crap programming that is similar to all the other shows on TV. Chuck deserves a Season 3. So go out there and watch it if you haven't already seen it. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment