Friday, May 8, 2009

Ponderosa...?


Sometimes you see something that catches you completely off guard. Last night that very instance occurred to me. As I drove to the theater to see Star Trek I noticed a Ponderosa out in the wild. I almost ran into a hobo, I was so confused. I haven't seen a Ponderosa since the early 90's. Yet here one stood, in the middle of one of the busiest roads in Central Florida. I wonder what happened to these proud, majestic, restaurants. I went online to do some research and all that I found was somewhat vague. I watched clips of their commercials and the marketing plan seemed solid. Just take a look:



See? Rock solid. Is that waitress wearing a bib? And what is up with the Alien egg on the plate around 14 seconds into the commercial? Oh... and Star Trek was very good...awesome even. Still, it's a sad day to me when a Ponderosa was more... well, life changing then the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment